Early 2013 i decided to sync up my social world and use individual social networks for their main purpose – so for example i was gonna share all my images via flickr as thats what its for…
But less than a year later i am TOTALLY going back on my plan, and in fact i am adopting the attitude we have embraced this year at work – clear out the crap, and streamline whatever is left!
- I am no longer gonna use Flickr to share images as their app is terrible.
- I am no longer gonna check-in via Foursquare, as all i basically do is check-in at work, and then at costa, and repeat. I may still use this on holidays and make it more of a “where have i been in the world” network. I am no longer sharing my check-in’s to Facebook or Twitter if/when i do use it again.
- I am totally sacking off Miso – it was fun, but no one (including myself) really needs to read about the movies i watch. If i watch a good one, ill remember it, if its crap, then i dont want to remember it.
- I am only using Facebook for sharing photos and mini-updates of my life as the access is limited and therefore protected.
- I will only use twitter for complaining as its totally public and customer service representatives scour it looking for you bad mouthing their companies.
- And Google+ is to become my techie/work related social network.
- Youtube is my TV outlet of choice and always will be.
And thats that. I wont be closing any of my accounts as i want to keep the names myself – but i wont be using them, linking to them or referencing them again on here….
Unless i change my mind in another year 🙂